Beeswax Product Maker
Honey Product Maker
(hiring both positions, similar job description)
We are a local bee farm! We keep bees and make products with local beeswax and honey, like lip balm, candles, lotion, creamed honey and more! We are excited to add a new member to the bee team!
We are hiring an Beeswax Product Maker and a Honey Product maker. These roles involve making candles, beeswax lip balm, hot honey, creamed honey, solid perfume, hand salve and more – all made from scratch! Ability to follow recipes perfectly is a must. No experience required but we prefer candidates with experience with fine motor skills like florist, cake decorator, barista, pastry chef, painter, product labeler, wood worker etc.
This is a 25-35hr a week position. Hours are generally 10am-5pm, weekdays. The days worked are flexible – but once chosen we like to stick to regular days every week. Availability to work some weekends is a bonus.
WHY WORK HERE?
We have a fun, collaborative, energetic work environment! As a small family-owned business, we strive to have a work culture that you look forward to coming to. We have a stocked coffee/espresso/snack bar for all to enjoy, listen to music/podcasts while we work, we offer bonuses and, if you are interested, you’ll be able to go out to the hives from time to time to see what it’s all about. Get holidays off and enjoy schedule flexibility so you take vacations. This is an entry level position; there is room for advancement/growth in areas you are skilled in.
(No experience required, we will train you)
• Prep beeswax production equipment and workspace
• Measure and mix ingredients for products (by following recipes)
• Melt and pour products accurately (fill line and temperature)
• Lid/cap and label products when assistants are not available
• Keep work and storage areas clean and organized
• Keep up with production goals. When goals cannot be met you are expected to communicate this to the owner so a solution can be reached.
• Responsible for letting management know when inventory is low.
• Assist other employees with their tasks
• May be asked to work retail shows / or retail location as needed
• Other tasks as assigned
1. CLEAN AND ORGANIZED: Naturally skilled at organization, cleaning and finding joy in putting things back in place. Ability to organize chaos, ask questions and improvise when necessary.
2. LOVE FOR REPETITIVE TASKS: Do you love to knit, woodwork, bake etc.? Do you find comfort in doing the same thing over and over again? This job is for you!
3. AWESOME AT FOLLOWING RECIPES: We are producing products in bulk and there is little room for error when it comes to measuring ingredients for our products. We are looking for a “checking the list twice” sort of person. You will also need to be comfortable with basic math skills for converting recipes etc.
4. NATURAL CRAFTY TALENT /SPATIAL REASONING SKILLS: Our products are handmade but that doesn't mean they can look sloppy! You need to be able to put on a label exactly as shown, follow instructions accurately, understand when something doesn't look right, take criticism well and be willing to ask questions.
5. FLEXIBILITY AND GRIT: This is a small business, sometimes you will be asked to do things out of your job description - flexibility is required. We expect hard work, punctuality, and resilience. Follow through and drive to complete tasks even when challenges arise. When asked to do new projects or tasks you will need to demonstrate an eager and willing attitude.
6. POSITIVE ATTITUDE: We want you to find joy in your work and come in with a good attitude! We like to 'whistle while we work' aka tell jokes and listen to podcasts. If your job duties are creating stress, we want you to communicate so that we can find a solution. If you do not have good communication skills this is not the job for you. You will be expected to demonstrate a calm exterior presence and kindness towards your fellow persons during periods of high volume or high stress.
7. INTEREST IN LEARNING: We LOVE honeybees. We want you to be interested in learning more about honeybees, beekeeping and the environment. If you do not like bees or fear them this is not the job for you. Bees do come into the shop from time to time to say hello.
Starting Pay: $14 - $16 per hour
One week PTO after first 90 days
Potential for bonuses!
How to Apply:
Email resume to Rachael at firstname.lastname@example.org and use this format for your email subject "JOB APPLICANT / "your name"
Why you're interested in this position
An experience you have doing repetitive tasks and/or doing precise measurements.
What your favorite animal is and why. Also attach a picture of it.
*Must be able to lift 50lbs and work in a fast-paced demand driven environment. We are a manufacturer/retailer; we expect people who can move quickly, meet demand, and exceed production expectations.